gReader Comments is a Greasemonkey script-turned-extension for Firefox that brings all Disqus conversations into Google Reader. All entries will have a comment thread (regardless of Disqus integration on that site), but more importantly you will be able to join the existing conversation for blogs that use Disqus.
What's new in this version:
- 3.5: Added support for FireFox 3.5
- Disqus: the extension now uses Disqus: see the community page at http://reader.disqus.com
- Bookmarklets: Created cross-browser bookmarks that allow comments on ANY page!
- All blogs that use Disqus will now show the existing thread from that post.
- Trackbacks: Any non-Disqus blogs with trackback support will now be notified of this conversation.
- Official Disqus Blog
"Im going to start using Google Reader to so I can use gReader Comments with Disqus."
"...I imagine this could be a really handy extension..."
"gReader Comments is one of the more awesome Greasemonkey script-turned-extensions that Ive ever seen."
"...this cool Firefox extension enables active Disqus comment tracking and responding from within Google Reader!"
No longer available or supported.
- Add-on no longer supported or available for download
- v4.3.2 - 6/14/09
- ADDED - Now supports all Google Reader domain languages
- UPDATED - Now supports Firefox 3.5
- v4.2 - 10/30/08
- FIXED - "array" problem on certain URLs
- FIXED - Speed enhancements
- v4.1.1 - 5/19/08
- UPDATED - Now supports Firefox 3.0.
- v4.1 - 4/5/08
- UPDATED - Any blog/website using Disqus will now link up with the actual comments on that site.
- UPDATED - Comment count is now reflecting the actual count if the site uses Disqus.
- NEW - Comments connected: if you see this it means the comments you are reading are from the actual blog/website and anything you write will be shown on the orignal site as well.
- v4.0 - 3/31/08
- NEW - Actual comment count is shown for each entry instead of just the word 'Comments'.
- v3.1.4 - 3/27/08
For troubleshooting, feature requests, and general help, post a message below in the comments. Make sure to include details on your browser, operating system, and a link (or relevant code). I do not have time to personally respond to support emails, please use the forum.
To send me a non-support related note, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
Credit to Lokesh Dhakar for use of Lightbox2 & site design.
If you're feeling generous, consider a donation. Any and all PayPal donations are sincerely appreciated. Thanks.